Junior Member

Location: South Woodham Ferrers, Essex
Default Displaying the difference.

I have 2 reports of data both formatted the same and what I need to work out are the differences between the two and just display those.

e.g Report 1 has for example A, B, D, F, G displayed and Report 2 has A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H and what I want to see as an output is just C,E,H. can this be done by filtering or are more advance formulae required?

Any ideas guys.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Assuming Report1 and Report2 are named ranges of single columns of data, you
can use the formula

=NOT(ISNA(MATCH(OFFSET(Report2,ROW()-ROW($A$1),0,1,1),Report1,0)))

to return TRUE or FALSE indicating if the value Report2 exists in Report1.
Fill this formula down for as many rows as you have data. Change the $A$1 to
the address (including the $ characters) to the address of the first cell
that contains the formula. Once you have these TRUE and FALSE values, you
can use Filter to display only the TRUE or only the FALSE value, which will
show what is in one range and not the other. Swap positions of 'Report1'
and 'Report2' in the formula to reverse the result.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson