Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default delete row of same colors

I have an excel file of 100 names and address, etc. I have color coded some
of the row in red. I want to delete all of the colored rows. it is the entire
row that is colored not the text.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In 2003 you can specify the Format color to look for under
EditFindOptionsFormatFormat.

Select the color from the Patterns dialog and Find All.

In the found dialog box the first cell will be highlighted. Hold SHIFT key and
scroll down to bottom of dialog box and select last cell.

EditDelete will get rid of the red rows.

If earlier version you would have to use VBA

See Chip Pearson's site for cellcolorindex function.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP