Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default seating chart

30 desks, 6 across, 5 down. I would like to enter a student name for each
desk. Would like to put a box for each desk if possible. Thank You.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"marpiano" wrote in message
30 desks, 6 across, 5 down. I would like to enter a student name for each
desk. Would like to put a box for each desk if possible. Thank You.

I wouldn't have thought that Excel would be your best choice to do
this....have you looked at Tables in Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

Choose any range of 6 columns and 5 rows.
Make the row height whatever you wish, and column width what you require, by
hovering your mouse over the intersection between the row numbers or column
letters until you see a double sided arrow. Hold down the mouse button and
drag to the size you want.

You can have some narrow columns and narrow rows between the cells you
choose, to make them stand out more clearly.

Enter the names in the chosen cells.

Apply a border to each of the 30 cells you are going to use using the Border
tool icon on the toolbar, of using FormatCellsBorder.

Use ToolsOptionsViewuncheck Gridlines and you will see exactly what will
appear on your printout. Adjust to suit

--
Regards
Roger Govier