Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers
No Name

Default My virus software won't let me email my spreadsheet...

I have a spreadsheet that I need to be to email, but Symantec's anti-virus
software won't let it go through.

I looked in the VB Editor and there was a module but it didn't have any
code, just a header and footer so I deleted it, but it still wont go...

Is there anything else I can do to this spreadsheet to make it go through or
is this a Symantec issue?

Thanks!

Kelvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel

And for the other part of the question: yes, it's a Symantec issue - at worst
it should alert you that you're possibly sending something that has the
potential to be a problem to someone, but it should give you the ability to
actually exercise your gray cells and make a decision as to whether or not to
really send it.

You might ask if there's a setting in it that you can change over at this
site:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/security
no registration required to ask or answer questions, and a lot of MSFT
Security MVPs hang out in that forum - along with lots of people sharp with
various security tools such as sNorton's plague products.

"Kelvin Beaton" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that I need to be to email, but Symantec's anti-virus
software won't let it go through.

I looked in the VB Editor and there was a module but it didn't have any
code, just a header and footer so I deleted it, but it still wont go...

Is there anything else I can do to this spreadsheet to make it go through or
is this a Symantec issue?

Thanks!

Kelvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

General recommendation is to disable that "less than useful" feature of
Norton A-V. Also, if you have the Norton "Office Plug-in" turned on,
kill that problem child too.