Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
BB BB is offline

Default Really basic formula

Hi,
I am having trouble with what I am sure is a very simple formula:
I want a formula to enter a number into cell B1 when I enter a number into
cell B2, eg B2 = 5, and I want B1 to display 1005, with the range being from
1-501 that I will enter into B2, displaying in B1 1001-100501. I entered
=if(B2=1,1001), which of course won't change as the data changes......
Thank you,