Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Data Validation over 2 workbooks?

I saw the below code in a post and works in one workbook perfectly but I need
it to work over two workbooks so i can update one workbook
(C:/Source/Data.xls) each month by replacing data in it only.

C:/Product/Sales.xls is where the user chooses the products sold from combo
boxes where the data is derived from C:/Source/Data.xls

I require the workbooks seperate for business reasons.
How can I manipulate this code to operate over two workbooks please or
different code to suit this purpose? I got no idea with scripts and Help was
not helpful in Excel VB.

Be much appreciated.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, _
Cancel As Boolean)
Dim str As String
Dim cboTemp As OLEObject
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim wsList As Worksheet
Set ws = ActiveSheet
Set wsList = Sheets("ValueData")

Cancel = True
Set cboTemp = ws.OLEObjects("Products")
On Error Resume Next
With cboTemp
'clear and hide the combo box
.ListFillRange = ""
.LinkedCell = ""
.Visible = False
End With
On Error GoTo errHandler
If Target.Validation.Type = 3 Then
'if the cell contains a data validation list
Application.EnableEvents = False
'get the data validation formula
str = Target.Validation.Formula1
str = Right(str, Len(str) - 1)
With cboTemp
'show the combobox with the list
.Visible = True
.Left = Target.Left
.Top = Target.Top
.Width = Target.Width + 5
.Height = Target.Height + 5
.ListFillRange = str
.LinkedCell = Target.Address
End With
cboTemp.Activate
End If

errHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
Exit Sub

End Sub
'=========================================
Dim str As String
Dim cboTemp As OLEObject
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = ActiveSheet
Application.EnableEvents = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Set cboTemp = ws.OLEObjects("Products")
On Error Resume Next
With cboTemp
.Top = 10
.Left = 10
.Width = 0
.ListFillRange = ""
.LinkedCell = ""
.Visible = False
.Value = ""
End With

errHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
Exit Sub

End Sub
'====================================
'Optional code to move to next cell if Tab or Enter are pressed
'from code by Ted Lanham
Private Sub Products_KeyDown(ByVal _
KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, _
ByVal Shift As Integer)