Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to change every second row with different color - Excel 2003

I have a simple table and I would like to have every second row in different
color.
How can I make it?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you Bob
But if I put the code in my table I get an formula error.
Works this code by you?

=MOD(ROW(),2)=0

In Excel input field are marked those characters: ,2

Thanks Jan

Bob Phillips pÃ*Å¡e:

"snah" wrote in message
I have a simple table and I would like to have every second row in
different
color.
How can I make it?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Jan

You need to enter that formula into the conditional Format dialog box - not
on your worksheet

Select the range that you want eg A2:H22
Format/Conditional Formating

Change the "Cell Value Is" to "Formula is" and enter the formula in the next
text box

HTH

"snah" wrote in message
I have a simple table and I would like to have every second row in
different
color.
How can I make it?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

snah wrote:
I have a simple table and I would like to have every second row in different
color.
How can I make it?
Thanks

I see you have several solutions. Here's an additional one.
I use a free program called ASAP Utilities.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

The program contains MANY useful functions. One of which is
color every nth row.

Standard disclaimer: not associated with or receive compensation from
yada yada.

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You could select the rows in the table and FormatConditional FormattingFormula
is

=MOD(ROW(),2)=1

Format to a nice color and OK

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP