Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Grd Grd is offline

Default Getting quotes to convert automatically to the French Chevron

Hi

I'm always using the french Chevron which looks like this << to open a quote
and to close a quote. I need to get this to come automatically instead of
going to Insert, Symbol. I would love to be able to type the normal quotes
and get the french ones.

Anyone can help figure out this problem it would be awesome.

Thanks

Suzanne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

This method would allow you to still us quotes, while getting the French
Chevron with only minimum effort:

From the Excel main menu:
<tools<autocorrect options

Replace: ~~
........(that's 2 tildes...located in the upper left of the keyboard)

With: Hold down [Alt]....type 0187....release [Alt]
Click the [OK] button

Now....whenever you type ~~, it will automatically be replaced by ».
(if that last char is scrambled...it's supposed to be the French Chevron)

Or....if you'd like....use any illogical character sequence you prefer to be
replaced.

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Grd" wrote:

Hi

I'm always using the french Chevron which looks like this << to open a quote
and to close a quote. I need to get this to come automatically instead of
going to Insert, Symbol. I would love to be able to type the normal quotes
and get the french ones.

Anyone can help figure out this problem it would be awesome.

Thanks

Suzanne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Grd Grd is offline

I've used different characters << and and autocorrect and its working fine
as you suggested.

Tx for your help

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

This method would allow you to still us quotes, while getting the French
Chevron with only minimum effort:

From the Excel main menu:

"Grd" wrote:

Hi

I'm always using the french Chevron which looks like this << to open a quote
and to close a quote. I need to get this to come automatically instead of
going to Insert, Symbol. I would love to be able to type the normal quotes
and get the french ones.

Anyone can help figure out this problem it would be awesome.

Thanks

Suzanne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'm glad you could work with that.....Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

This method would allow you to still us quotes, while getting the French
Chevron with only minimum effort:

From the Excel main menu: