Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ed Ed is offline

Default Pivot table

I am trying to "Refresh the Data" for my Pivot Table.

My data is a lot longer then it used to be. How do I make sure that all
numbers are included in the pivot table.

Right now the last three rows are cut off.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Ed,

right click in the pivot table, choose pivot table wizard, then back, then
select the required range with your mouse

ED wrote:
I am trying to "Refresh the Data" for my Pivot Table.

My data is a lot longer then it used to be. How do I make sure that all
numbers are included in the pivot table.

Right now the last three rows are cut off.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Ed

Which version of Excel are you using?
for any version of Excel, you can create a Dynamic Range.
e.g.
InsertNameDefineName myTable Refers to
=OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A),COUNTA($1:$1))

This assumes that your table starts at A1, and has headers in row 1.
Adjust if different.

The formula also assumes that there are no blank entries in column A. If
there are, choose a column for the first COUNTA where there will not be
nay blanks.
Invoke the PT Wizard from the PT toolbarBackenter =myTable as the
sourceFinish

For more information on Dynamic Ranges take a look at Debra Dalgleish's
site
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

If you are using XL2003, whilst in any cell within your source data,
choose DataCreate Listclick my table has headers.
This will create a dynamic List for you which you can use as the source
for your PT.

If using XL2007, then on the ribbon choose Insert tabTablemy list has
headers.
A Dynamic Table will be created which can be used as the source for your
PT.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"ED" wrote in message
I am trying to "Refresh the Data" for my Pivot Table.

My data is a lot longer then it used to be. How do I make sure that
all
numbers are included in the pivot table.

Right now the last three rows are cut off.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you base your Pivot Table on a Dynamic Range Name, the range will
automatically expand and contract to accommodate the data.

See this website for instructions:
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"ED" wrote:

I am trying to "Refresh the Data" for my Pivot Table.

My data is a lot longer then it used to be. How do I make sure that all
numbers are included in the pivot table.

Right now the last three rows are cut off.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Right click the table and select the pivot table wizard, click the back
button and then change the size of your table, if you keep adding rows you
might want to check here

Peo Sjoblom