Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Locking a row

I have data at a specific row at the bottom of the worksheet that I want to
stay in that row. However, when I add new data above it to a blank row and
tab past the end of the last cell to bring me down to the next row, the row
I want fixed (totals) also moves down one row.

Would someone mind telling me how I keep that totals row (last row) fixed
and allow new data to be entered into blank rows above it, please? Thanks.

Just to clarify, I have columns A to I in use and no others past that to the
right. When I finish in column I for one row, I use the tab button and that
takes me down to Column A on the next row and that is what seems to be
pushing the totals row down one more row each time. It is important that I
keep the totals row at the bottom fixed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

One way to achieve this
Insert a row above your table header.
in A1 enter = then click on the word total from your table.
Drag across through B1:I1
Place your cursor in cell A3 View tabFreeze Paneshit the first option
Freeze Panes from the dropdown.

No a copy of your total row will be visible at all times.
Note: you will use the inbuilt function in XL2007 where Table names
replace column letters as you scroll down the table, but column letters,
plus your totals plus your table headers will always be visible.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote in message
I have data at a specific row at the bottom of the worksheet that I
want to stay in that row. However, when I add new data above it to a
blank row and tab past the end of the last cell to bring me down to the
next row, the row I want fixed (totals) also moves down one row.

Would someone mind telling me how I keep that totals row (last row)
fixed and allow new data to be entered into blank rows above it,
please? Thanks.

Just to clarify, I have columns A to I in use and no others past that
to the right. When I finish in column I for one row, I use the tab
button and that takes me down to Column A on the next row and that is
what seems to be pushing the totals row down one more row each time.
It is important that I keep the totals row at the bottom fixed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi

One way to achieve this
Insert a row above your table header.
in A1 enter = then click on the word total from your table.
Drag across through B1:I1
Place your cursor in cell A3 View tabFreeze Paneshit the first option
Freeze Panes from the dropdown.

No a copy of your total row will be visible at all times.
Note: you will use the inbuilt function in XL2007 where Table names
replace column letters as you scroll down the table, but column letters,
plus your totals plus your table headers will always be visible.

Roger,

Thanks for the answer but it wasn't quite what I meant. I don't need the
bottom row to be in view. I just need it to stay at 200 only. Unfortunately,
when I enter new data above it, the totals move down. However, I thought of
another way to get around this. I will name the cells and access them via
name rather than row and column.