Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Scatter chart

I am trying to create a scatter chart for names on a map(boats in a boat
yard)

I want to supply the x & y values of the boat position and have the name of
the boat displayed at that point.

Is it possible, because I am finding if I supply x & y values Excel seems to
interpret that as 2 series of numbers

Help gratefully received

Thanks

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Let's say your Boat names are in A2:A10, the X value is B2:B10 and the Y
Value is C2:C10

Create a scatter chart for your X Y values as you would normally do.

You'll need an addon like Rob Bovey's XYChartLabeler. It can be found at
www.appspro.com Download it and ensure it's selected as an add on.

When you have the graph displayed, select tools and pull down to XY Chart
Labeler. There is an option to add labels to an entire series. Select your
series name and then select the data in A2:A10.

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt