Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Sheet format

Hi all,

Just trying to get the sheet to be fixed in width from 1 to 11 so that when
I tab to the next column from the last on the right, it automatically goes
down to the next row and starts out at 1 on that next row again.

I know it can be done but just haven't found it and really need it. Can
anyone help please? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

One way
right click sheet tabinsert this

If Target.Column = 11 Then Cells(Target.Row + 1, 1).Select

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote in message
Hi all,

Just trying to get the sheet to be fixed in width from 1 to 11 so that
when I tab to the next column from the last on the right, it automatically
goes down to the next row and starts out at 1 on that next row again.

I know it can be done but just haven't found it and really need it. Can
anyone help please? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

couple of ways to do this.

1. Select columns A:K and FormatCellsProtectionclear the checkmark in
"Locked"

ToolsProtectionProtect sheet.

You can Tab your way across and when you leave K1 you will drop to A2

2. Without protection...........Start in A1 and Tab your way across. When
leaving K1 hit the ENTER key.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 7 May 2007 07:29:30 +1000, "Diamontina Cocktail"
wrote:

Hi all,

Just trying to get the sheet to be fixed in width from 1 to 11 so that when
I tab to the next column from the last on the right, it automatically goes
down to the next row and starts out at 1 on that next row again.

I know it can be done but just haven't found it and really need it. Can
anyone help please? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

couple of ways to do this.

1. Select columns A:K and FormatCellsProtectionclear the checkmark in
"Locked"

Thanks, that worked but not exactly as you said it. I use Excel 2007.

ToolsProtectionProtect sheet.

There is no "Tools" menu in Excel 2007 that I could find.

You can Tab your way across and when you leave K1 you will drop to A2

2. Without protection...........Start in A1 and Tab your way across.
When
leaving K1 hit the ENTER key.

I actually always do that anyway and it didnt produce that effect.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Did not realize you were using 2007.

I do not have that version installed so cannot test nor offer any suggestions.

Gord

On Mon, 7 May 2007 22:57:57 +1000, "Diamontina Cocktail"
wrote:

.. .
couple of ways to do this.

1. Select columns A:K and FormatCellsProtectionclear the checkmark in
"Locked"

Thanks, that worked but not exactly as you said it. I use Excel 2007.

ToolsProtectionProtect sheet.

There is no "Tools" menu in Excel 2007 that I could find.

You can Tab your way across and when you leave K1 you will drop to A2

2. Without protection...........Start in A1 and Tab your way across.
When
leaving K1 hit the ENTER key.

I actually always do that anyway and it didnt produce that effect.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I had no choice, basically. I had 2002 version and went to Vista then found
Vista and Outlook 2002 don't get on - passwords not remembered and I have 27
email accounts - so had to update to 2007. Wasn't really a bad thing overall
as the price had been dropped enormously in the store I went to. Some sort
of promotion.

2007 version has some nice things in it that aren't in other versions but I
have to know more before I can really make comments more than that.

Did not realize you were using 2007.

I do not have that version installed so cannot test nor offer any
suggestions.

Gord

On Mon, 7 May 2007 22:57:57 +1000, "Diamontina Cocktail"

wrote:

. ..
couple of ways to do this.

1. Select columns A:K and FormatCellsProtectionclear the checkmark
in
"Locked"

Thanks, that worked but not exactly as you said it. I use Excel 2007.

ToolsProtectionProtect sheet.

There is no "Tools" menu in Excel 2007 that I could find.

You can Tab your way across and when you leave K1 you will drop to A2

2. Without protection...........Start in A1 and Tab your way across.
When
leaving K1 hit the ENTER key.

I actually always do that anyway and it didnt produce that effect.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Until I know more about Excel in general, all I can say with 2007 version if
you haven't used it yet is that the right click menu is invaluable. The
ribbon takes some searching when you aren't used to the program much but the
right click menu often solves that problem.

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
I also have not yet installed my 2007. Have you tried the HELP index for
PROTECTION?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote in message

couple of ways to do this.

1. Select columns A:K and FormatCellsProtectionclear the checkmark
in
"Locked"

Thanks, that worked but not exactly as you said it. I use Excel 2007.

ToolsProtectionProtect sheet.

There is no "Tools" menu in Excel 2007 that I could find.

You can Tab your way across and when you leave K1 you will drop to A2

2. Without protection...........Start in A1 and Tab your way across.
When
leaving K1 hit the ENTER key.

I actually always do that anyway and it didnt produce that effect.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

Just to add to answers you have received, you might want to look at
Tables in XL2007.
They will allow you to do just what you want, in terms of "bouncing"
back to the beginning of the next row, once you have entered data in the
last column.

Place your cursor anywhere inside your list of data, and choose Insert
tabTable
If you have any formulae in your table, they will automatically be
created as you add new rows, and the dimensions of the table will grow
and shrink automatically as you add more rows or delete rows.
As with many of the new Ribbon tabs, you will find additional Tools. If
you click on a cell within your table, then on the top row of the screen
you will see Table Tools, which will provide you with many more options,
including the facility to turn the table back to a straightforward List.

There is also a downloadable add-in from Microsoft, which puts another
tab on your ribbon with lots of useful help when trying to get to grips
with the new Ribbon layout
http://snipurl.com/1jr7e

This includes an interactive guide where you can see a 2003 layout,
hover over the command and it will show you where that is now located.
Click on the command and the screen changes to XL2007 with the area of
the Ribbon highlighted.
That can be found separately, without installing the add-in if required,
at

Regards

Roger Govier