Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctinos,microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions

Default list, search, and display

Name Test Grade RACE
Peter 89 B BLACK
Jason 74 C WHITE
Tom 98 A ASIAN
John 56 F WHITE
Susan 86 B WHITE
Michelle 94 A ASIAN
Paula 78 C WHITE
Janet 86 B BLACK
Mike 67 F BLACK
Ben 78 C WHITE

The above is example sheet for my question. Assuming that name is from cell
A2:A11, and point is from cell B2:B11, and grade is from cell C2:C11, and
race is from cell D2:D11.Now, I create a list for grades from A to F. When
I select a drop down list and select A, I want to display 2 or all students
that got an A and their race. The result would be similar to the one below:

Find Grade: A

Name Race
Tom Asian
Michelle Asian

What is the formula for that 2 or more students that got an A or other
grades when I select from the list? Can this be possible in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Use a pivot table under the Date menu. It will give you the information you
need.

Put Grade as a page field and name and race as row fields. No column field,
and use Grade in the data field with count as the summary statistic. This
will will put 1's to the right of the name and race, but you can hide that
column.

Tom Ogilvy