Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Copying a formula but 'skipping' a cell

I have a spreadsheet with 2 workbooks. One is an automatic data input from a
GPS logger which provides a CSV file that imports a comma delimited format
into discrete lines.

The input comes in from this worksheet (import) as

Data Set A1
Data Set B1
Data Set A2
Data Set B2

The main worksheet (main) needs to display these as

Data Set A1 Data Set B1
Data Set A2 Data Set B2

I've done a sample for 10 data sets (e.g. first bit of A1 is =import!C14)
but I need 1000 lines in the main worksheet. Problem is that when I copy and
paste the formula it increments the cell reference by 1 and I need it to
increment the cell reference by 2 otherwise I have to edit all the formulae
by hand and with 20 fields per line this will take ages!

Any shortcuts for this?

Thanks

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

One way:

A1: =INDEX(import!C:C,ROW()*2+12)
B1: =INDEX(import!C:C,ROW()*2+13)

In article ,
"Mike Langensiepen" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks very much - very quick response. I'll try it now

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
One way:

A1: =INDEX(import!C:C,ROW()*2+12)
B1: =INDEX(import!C:C,ROW()*2+13)