Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Importing e-mail addresses not showing as hyperlinks

I imported several hundred email addresses into a spreadsheet
from an external source. How do I get them to show up as hyperlinks.

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sub MakeHyperlinks()
'David McRitchie code
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _
Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues))
With Worksheets(1)
.Hyperlinks.Add anchor:=cell, _
Address:=cell.Value, _
ScreenTip:=cell.Value, _
TextToDisplay:=cell.Value
End With
Next cell
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 15:51:00 -0500, gls858 wrote:

I imported several hundred email addresses into a spreadsheet
from an external source. How do I get them to show up as hyperlinks.

gls858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Gord Dibben wrote:
Sub MakeHyperlinks()
'David McRitchie code
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _
Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues))
With Worksheets(1)
.Hyperlinks.Add anchor:=cell, _
Address:=cell.Value, _
ScreenTip:=cell.Value, _
TextToDisplay:=cell.Value
End With
Next cell
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 15:51:00 -0500, gls858 wrote:

I imported several hundred email addresses into a spreadsheet
from an external source. How do I get them to show up as hyperlinks.
gls858

Thanks Gord. I'll post back the results later.

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Gord Dibben wrote:
Sub MakeHyperlinks()
'David McRitchie code
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _
Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues))
With Worksheets(1)
.Hyperlinks.Add anchor:=cell, _
Address:=cell.Value, _
ScreenTip:=cell.Value, _
TextToDisplay:=cell.Value
End With
Next cell
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 15:51:00 -0500, gls858 wrote:

I imported several hundred email addresses into a spreadsheet
from an external source. How do I get them to show up as hyperlinks.
gls858

Gord,
Just wanted to post back and let you know that worked. i really
appreciate your help and David McRitchie's too :-)

gls858