Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to organise expenses divided between two payers

I have a boat which is jointly owned between myself and one other .
Under this arrangement all expenses involved in running and
maintaining the boat are to shared equally between us.

As I am retired and my co-owner is employed , most of these expenses
are initially provided by myself with the total amount then being
divided between us later.

To keep a record of these transactions I would like to construct a
spreadsheet which will have columns showing the following:-

Date
Detail of purchase( i.e.amount paid)
Remarks

I would also like to have:-

1.An indication of the running total as entered in the second column
above .

2.Another one showing the amount owed by each person ( i.e. 1/2 of
this column) and , since payments into this spread sheet will not be
paid on the same days by each of us ,

3.another colums or columns showing , on any partitcular date , who
owes what to the expenses incurred at that date

As I am a total novice at excel , constructing such a spreadsheet is
beyond my competence and woul;d , therefore , appreciate any help
here.

B.N.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

I think I would enter those three headings on row 3 in cells A3, B3, C3
respectively
In E3 enter your co-owners name.
Make entries in A, C and D whenever your co-owner pays any money into
the "fund".

In cell B1 enter
=SUM(B4:B1000) this will show the running total of all purchases
In cell D1 enter
=(B1/2)-SUM(D4:D1000)

This will show the amount of money that the co-owner owes at any point
in time.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 17:25:05 +0100, "Roger Govier"
wrote:

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I'll try out your suggestions.

B.N.