Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Display page breaks in normal view in Excel 2007

Hi
In Excel 2003, I could click on Tools/Options and then tick the "view page
breaks" box, so that I could see dotted lines representing my page sizes in
workbook (normal) view, but I can't find a similar command in Excel 2007,
apart from Page Break Preview" view, which doesn't really suit what I want.
Can somebody help please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Why not use View|PageBreak View since in XL2007 you can still edit the
worksheet in this view?
If it looks too small use the zoom slider on the status bar.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Wombat" wrote in message
Hi
In Excel 2003, I could click on Tools/Options and then tick the "view page
breaks" box, so that I could see dotted lines representing my page sizes
in
workbook (normal) view, but I can't find a similar command in Excel 2007,
apart from Page Break Preview" view, which doesn't really suit what I
want.
Can somebody help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Office Button Excel Options button Advanced Display options for this
worksheet (about half way down) Show Page Breaks

Page breaks should be automatically added to your sheet the first time you
go to print preview.

"Wombat" wrote:

Hi
In Excel 2003, I could click on Tools/Options and then tick the "view page
breaks" box, so that I could see dotted lines representing my page sizes in
workbook (normal) view, but I can't find a similar command in Excel 2007,
apart from Page Break Preview" view, which doesn't really suit what I want.
Can somebody help please?

Junior Member

Red face

Those of us who want to continue in Normal view have good reasons. In my case, our computer network seems to reset what should remain a tabloid-sized spreadsheet into letter-size paper. Looking at it in Page Layout view is distracting, because I then feel compelled to reset it immediately instead of waiting until I print it on a remote printer that has tabloid-sized paper. So those dotted lines do come in handy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Liengme View Post