Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Directly referencing multiple cells

Assuming you want to have the references in a column on the second sheet
as well, one way:

Enter the reference for the first cell, e.g.:

=Sheet1!A1

Grab the fill handle (lower right corner of the cell) and drag down 20
cells. XL will adjust the reference.

In article ,
"Link" wrote:

Hi All

Just another newbie question for anyone kind enough to respond:

Is there a way to reference a group of cells (eg. a column of 20 values)
directly to another group of 20 cells on a different worksheet, but within
the same file?

I know I can go to each cell and hit = (the original cell), but I have pages
of hundreds of these to do and it would take me days to do it manually.

Surely Excel must have a command that directly references these cells
automatically?

Any helpful replies will be gratefully received.

Cheers,
Link.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Another way would be to copy the cells, then paste special and select paste
link
in the other sheet

Peo Sjoblom

"Link" wrote in message
Hi All

Just another newbie question for anyone kind enough to respond:

Is there a way to reference a group of cells (eg. a column of 20 values)
directly to another group of 20 cells on a different worksheet, but within
the same file?

I know I can go to each cell and hit = (the original cell), but I have
pages of hundreds of these to do and it would take me days to do it
manually.

Surely Excel must have a command that directly references these cells
automatically?

Any helpful replies will be gratefully received.

Cheers,
Link.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

=Sheet1!A1 can be copied down to give =Sheet1!A2, =Sheet1!A3, etc

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3