Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
MW MW is offline

Default Calculating totals from COUNTA function

My spreadsheet gives a breakdown of employees by their teams within a
business unit; for example, lets say everyone listed in the spreadsheet works
in the U.S. Sales business unit and the teams are named North, South, East,
and West. The first and last names of all employees on the North team are
listed under "North Team"; the first and last names of all employees on the
South team are listed under "South Team", etc.

I used the COUNTA function to tally the number of employees on each team.
Is there a function I could use that would add up all the numbers in the
COUNTA cell so I can see the grand number of employees? Thanks in advanced!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

I used the COUNTA function to tally the number of employees on each team.
Is there a function I could use that would add up all the numbers in the
COUNTA cell so I can see the grand number of employees?

Just SUM it up? Assuming you have your COUNTA's for each team in I1:L1.
Then in M1: =SUM(I1:L1)
--
Max
Singapore
"MW" wrote:
My spreadsheet gives a breakdown of employees by their teams within a
business unit; for example, lets say everyone listed in the spreadsheet works
in the U.S. Sales business unit and the teams are named North, South, East,
and West. The first and last names of all employees on the North team are
listed under "North Team"; the first and last names of all employees on the
South team are listed under "South Team", etc.

I used the COUNTA function to tally the number of employees on each team.
Is there a function I could use that would add up all the numbers in the
COUNTA cell so I can see the grand number of employees? Thanks in advanced!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

You're welcome ..
--