Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Align & Compare row with column

Current Scenario:

A1: USB 2.0, B1: USB, C1: Type A
A2: FW, B2: FW400
A3: Serial, B3: DB-9, C3: RS-232

I have another list.

F1: TypeA
F2: DB-9

G1: USB 2.0
G2: RS-232
G3: FW400

H1: USB
H2: Serial
H3 FW

What I want is to sort A1:C3 row wise, and it will compare with column
F,G & H.

if column F matched with row1 then a particular value should be
appear.
In other words no matter what data lies in A1:A4....its order should
be like F1:H1

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

If I understand you correctly, HLOOKUP is the way to go.

In A1 type =F1 and copy this through to column C

In A2 type =IF(HLOOKUP(A$1,$F$1:$H$3,2,0)=0,"",HLOOKUP(A$1,$F $1:$H$3,2,0))
Copy this down to A3 and change the offset, 3 into 3.
Select A2 and A3 and copy these across to Column C

Regards
Peter

" wrote:

Current Scenario:

A1: USB 2.0, B1: USB, C1: Type A
A2: FW, B2: FW400
A3: Serial, B3: DB-9, C3: RS-232

I have another list.

F1: TypeA
F2: DB-9

G1: USB 2.0
G2: RS-232
G3: FW400

H1: USB
H2: Serial
H3 FW

What I want is to sort A1:C3 row wise, and it will compare with column
F,G & H.

if column F matched with row1 then a particular value should be
appear.
In other words no matter what data lies in A1:A4....its order should
be like F1:H1

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I need this....

A B C E F G I J K

1 USB 2.0 USB Type A Type A USB 2.0 USB USB 2.0 USB Type A
2 FW FW 400 DB-9 FW 400 Serial FW 400 Serial DB-9
3 DB-9 Serial RS-232 RS-232 FW RS-232 FW

Current Data: A1: C3

Required Format: E1:G3

Source List: I1:K3