Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default can you sort numeric address numbers by even/odd

You guys gave me the clue on how to change Text to Columns.
Now I looked through the help file
I can't figure out how to sort the address numbers
even/odd
4556
4558
and then when done
4551
4553
etc.

please and thanks in advance

Tennessee State Motto: The Educashun State

Bill H. in Chicagoland
webcams at http://76.16.160.118:8080
weather at http://hhweather.webhop.org
web blog at http://vote4billheinzinger.blogsport.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If all you have in that field is the address number, you could use:

=mod(a2,2)
and drag down.

Then sort your range using that field as the primary key.

But what about apartments 4556.5 <vbg.

--

Dave Peterson