aly aly is offline
Junior Member

Location: in my house??
Question Does anyone know...

Hey does anyone know how to use RANK and LOOKUP functions?? please help many thanks! Aly
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Does anyone know...

There are many here that do. Have you looked at the examples in Help?

Do you have a specific question about RANK and LOOKUP?

In article ,

Hey does anyone know how to use RANK and LOOKUP functions??

aly aly is offline
Junior Member

Location: in my house??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE McGimpsey View Post

Hey does anyone know how to use RANK and LOOKUP functions??
no i just want to know how i would put in formula for a spreadsheet im making.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In article ,
aly wrote:

no i just want to know how i would put in formula for a spreadsheet im
making.

If you can't use the Help examples for a pattern, then you need to
describe your situation a bit - otherwise one would be just repeating or
modifying that generic-type example.

For instance, specifically what kind of data do you have? how is your
data laid out? What kind of results are you looking for?
aly aly is offline

aly wrote:

no i just want to know how i would put in formula for a spreadsheet im
making.

If you can't use the Help examples for a pattern, then you need to
describe your situation a bit - otherwise one would be just repeating or
modifying that generic-type example.

For instance, specifically what kind of data do you have? how is your
data laid out? What kind of results are you looking for?
Oh well, im making a spreadsheet for our housepoint system for my AS ict coursework and we need to include RANK and LOOKUP. We have used it before but i don't know how i can use it fro this. I was thinking maybe it would work for looking up the houses. (LOOKUP) do you think that's possible?? and i think i know how to use RANK now as i have done it. Write back! Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In article ,
aly wrote:

Oh well, im making a spreadsheet for our housepoint system for my AS
ict coursework and we need to include RANK and LOOKUP. We have used it
before but i don't know how i can use it fro this. I was thinking maybe
it would work for looking up the houses. (LOOKUP) do you think that's
possible?? and i think i know how to use RANK now as i have done it.
Write back! Many thanks!

Sure it can be done, but you're not very specific about what 'looking up
the houses' means, so it's hard to say how LOOKUP would be used.