Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Special Pasting Quattro Pro 9 file as bitmap, how to manipulate now?

The only way I could find to get a Quattro Pro 9 file into Excel 2002, with
gridlines and the exact diagram (property and house layout), was to copy and
paste special it as a bitmap. Now that it's in Excel, I'd like to change
some things in the diagram but the cursor, when over the copied part, shows
as a 4 sided arrow (a compass rose with 4 arrows pointing to the N,S,E, and
W.) and the actual cursor arrow attached to and on the SE part of this
4-sided arrow. This 4 sided arrow cursor can only move the copied part and
nothing else .
When I move the cursor off the copied part, it reverts back to being a
normal cursor and has normal functions.

Am I stuck with this bitmap section, and should be looking for another way
to successfully import this file, or is there a way to un-bitmap it and
convert it to a regular usuable file/diagram.

I've tried opening the Quattro Pro file into Excel but couldn't get that to
work.

Any suggestions?

jc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Special Pasting Quattro Pro 9 file as bitmap, how to manipulate no

Hi,

I'm no Quattro Pro expert.

If you goto the office setup you maybe able to adda quattro import
converter. Try that one (you may have to save the file as an earlier version
in QP if you have it)

Also if you have access to QP9 try exporting the file as something else.

If not and it is only a bmp then youcan edit it in paint or a similar
program and then import again into excel.

Or if you open the drawing toolbar you should be able to draw lines and
things on top of the picture.

BRW, why have you a diagram in QP9 anyway?

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand