Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Display detailed data in a pop up box

Is there a way to show detailed data (i.e. concatenated from other columns)
in a pop-up box - either by clicking or rolling over a cell?

For example, when a user rolls over or clicks cell E5, I'd like a popup
ballon/box to display cells T5, U5, V5, W5, etc with line breaks after each.

I've searched and found solutions for displaying help messages (e.g.
validation input message) or pictures, but not data. Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

See if this does what you want

MsgBox _
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 15) & vbCrLf & ActiveCell.Offset(0, 16) & vbCrLf &
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 17) & vbCrLf & ActiveCell.Offset(0, 18)

-John
is helpful.

"North Tim" wrote in message
Is there a way to show detailed data (i.e. concatenated from other
columns)
in a pop-up box - either by clicking or rolling over a cell?

For example, when a user rolls over or clicks cell E5, I'd like a popup
ballon/box to display cells T5, U5, V5, W5, etc with line breaks after
each.

I've searched and found solutions for displaying help messages (e.g.
validation input message) or pictures, but not data. Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

John

You should qualify the cell otherwise any other cell clicked on will pop up the
message box with "OK"

Would get kind of annoying.

If Target.Address = "$E$5" Then
MsgBox _
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 15) & vbCrLf & ActiveCell.Offset(0, 16) & vbCrLf & _
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 17) & vbCrLf & ActiveCell.Offset(0, 18)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 14:21:40 -0600, "John Bundy"
wrote:

See if this does what you want

MsgBox _
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 15) & vbCrLf & ActiveCell.Offset(0, 16) & vbCrLf &
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 17) & vbCrLf & ActiveCell.Offset(0, 18)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Yes, that does the trick.

To take it one step further, is there an easy way to make it a rollover
popup? That is, display while the user's mouse is on the cell, disappear when
it's moved off the cell?

If not, the current solution will do just fine. But I thought I'd at least
ask. Thanks for your help.