Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default not good with complex formulas

I need to acheive a spreadsheet that has columns of data but most important
is the date of installation, and have it automatically move UP the most
recent dated ones to the top. The remainder can stay in the spreadsheet by
job number.

For example, if I enter a date of 12/29, and it IS currently 12/26 (system
time and date) anything with 12/29 will move it's place in the sequetial job
list to the "top" of the spreadsheet. I think I should have a "few days"
notice in there...

The dates will be in column "F" in case you needed to know that, as
"proposed installation date"

I suggested just doing a sort every morning but the boss is insisting that
this be done...so please, if you can help that would be great. I have made
other spreadshhets, but NOT with a complex formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

First look at AutoFilter in Excel Help.

If you have an un-sorted column of data, AutoFilter will allow to to view
only rows of data that match a given criteria on your column.
--
Gary's Student

"FloatingReality" wrote:

I need to acheive a spreadsheet that has columns of data but most important
is the date of installation, and have it automatically move UP the most
recent dated ones to the top. The remainder can stay in the spreadsheet by
job number.

For example, if I enter a date of 12/29, and it IS currently 12/26 (system
time and date) anything with 12/29 will move it's place in the sequetial job
list to the "top" of the spreadsheet. I think I should have a "few days"
notice in there...

The dates will be in column "F" in case you needed to know that, as
"proposed installation date"

I suggested just doing a sort every morning but the boss is insisting that
this be done...so please, if you can help that would be great. I have made
other spreadshhets, but NOT with a complex formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Gary - Thank you, i was trying to do that but it would not work for me, I
must have had a corrupt file, so I used the "tutorial spreadsheet" and copied
over my data, and it is workling like a charm, thanks again. Very helpful
information. This will work for the time being, and I think I can pursuade
them to use THIS filtered list.