Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default excel fill series

I want to automatically generate a sequence of numbers for apartment units to
merge with word. I have to do a mailing list to hundreds of apartments. I
type in, say, 1030 33rd st #1, but when I do the fill series only the 1030
generates the series 1031,1032,1033 etc... I've tried to setup the unit
numbers in a separate collumn, but I cant edit the address block in word to
merge the 2 columns on the same line in the address block.
Any help with how to exclude part of the address or otherwise only increase
the series of the Apartment unit only would be greatly appreciated?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The first part of you suggestion was perfect. Thank you. If I need to start
at say unit 1050 up 1200 consecutively how would I go about that? A macro?
I've never used macro's. Thanks

"Don Guillett" wrote:

on row 1 copied down
="1030 33rd st #"&ROW()