Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default The moron I am...

downloaded excel viewer 2003 without an exisisting program of excel itself.
How do I uninstall, without rebuilding my hard drive?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Can't you just goto Add/Remove Software in the Control Panel?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"OfficeDummy" wrote in message
downloaded excel viewer 2003 without an exisisting program of excel

itself.
How do I uninstall, without rebuilding my hard drive?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The exact phrase is --

This patch package could not be opned. Verify that the patch package exists
and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that
this is a valid Windows Installer patch package.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Can't you just goto Add/Remove Software in the Control Panel?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try using the Windows Installer Cleaner. Please note that it says:

"Warning The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility is provided "as is" to help
resolve installation problems for programs that use Microsoft Windows
Installer. If you use this utility, you may have to reinstall other
programs. Caution is advised."

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290301

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"OfficeDummy" wrote in message
downloaded excel viewer 2003 without an exisisting program of excel
itself.
How do I uninstall, without rebuilding my hard drive?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You're fabulous! That worked in just one second!

THANK YOU.

For anyone who is looking at this same program, make sure you read
EVERYTHING at the uninstall step. It goes by quick.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Try using the Windows Installer Cleaner. Please note that it says:

"Warning The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility is provided "as is" to help
resolve installation problems for programs that use Microsoft Windows
Installer. If you use this utility, you may have to reinstall other
programs. Caution is advised."

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290301

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"OfficeDummy" wrote in message
downloaded excel viewer 2003 without an exisisting program of excel
itself.
How do I uninstall, without rebuilding my hard drive?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

What I can't get about all this is why you want to uninstall the XlViewer if you
don't have Excel.

You need the viewer so's you can view Excel files.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP