Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
FTM FTM is offline

Default Conditional formatting for rows?

I find conditional formatting very useful however I would like to be able to
highlight an entire row/range of cells if one cell has a given value, using
conditional formatting I am only able to highlight the single cell. Is it
possible to have a range/row of cells formatted in response to the value of
one cell?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
FTM FTM is offline

Hi Bob,
Thanks for responding unfortuantly I don't understand what you mean, can you
explain further?
Many thanks

"FTM" wrote in message
I find conditional formatting very useful however I would like to be able

highlight an entire row/range of cells if one cell has a given value,

using
conditional formatting I am only able to highlight the single cell. Is it
possible to have a range/row of cells formatted in response to the value

of
one cell?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Select say row 1
Menu FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
Add a formula of =$A1=20
Click the Format button
Select the Pattern Tab
Select an appropriate highlighting colour
OK
OK

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"FTM" wrote in message
I find conditional formatting very useful however I would like to be

able
highlight an entire row/range of cells if one cell has a given value,

using
conditional formatting I am only able to highlight the single cell. Is

it
possible to have a range/row of cells formatted in response to the

value
of
one cell?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
FTM FTM is offline

Hi Bob,
THANK YOU! You have no idea how long I have spent trying to to do this. This
really is fantastic.
Thanks again