Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Running out of room in Microsofts Checkbook Register

I downloaded the checkbook register1 template from Microsoft and am now out
of space to add anything else. I have tried to drag the columns and rows
down bur nothing happens. In the Excel spreadsheet I made this works to
extend the form but it will not in the one made by Microsoft. I am at a loss
as to how to extend it.

I have read the posts by lynnbuff and the answers to the questions, but none
help.

Thanks
--
wilbur
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

A template creates a new workbook each time it is opened.

The original template does not get overwritten or contain data.

Why would you run out of rows in the template?

Whatever the case..................find the original template on your hard drive
and select then right-click and open.

This opens the actual template, not a new copy.

Select B89:H89 and drag/copy as far as you wish.

Use the format painter to format the banding.

Save the template (*.xlt)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 11:46:02 -0800, buck27
wrote:

I downloaded the checkbook register1 template from Microsoft and am now out
of space to add anything else. I have tried to drag the columns and rows
down bur nothing happens. In the Excel spreadsheet I made this works to
extend the form but it will not in the one made by Microsoft. I am at a loss
as to how to extend it.

I have read the posts by lynnbuff and the answers to the questions, but none
help.

Thanks

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"File" "New"
New workbook window opens on the right side of the sheet. Choose on my
computer.
Many people seem to be overwriting the Template (.xlt) instead of a copy
(.xls)
Lou

wrote:

I downloaded the checkbook register1 template from Microsoft and am now out
of space to add anything else. I have tried to drag the columns and rows
down bur nothing happens. In the Excel spreadsheet I made this works to
extend the form but it will not in the one made by Microsoft. I am at a loss
as to how to extend it.

I have read the posts by lynnbuff and the answers to the questions, but none
help.

Thanks

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

some of the templates are protected,but dont require a password,so go to
tools protection,and click unprotect workbook.
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!