Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Small 1-2 on worksheet's left in Excel

I have a spreadsheet with several simple worksheets.

In one of the worksheets, at the very left, there has appeared a small "1
2". Under that is a vertical line and a series of dots, one dot per row. At
the end is a minus sign.

If I click the "1", most of the spreadsheet disappears, showing only the
final total column with a plus sign on the left. If I click "2", the full
spreadsheet reappears.

I've tried searching Help to find out what this is and how to get rid of it,
but as I don't know it's name, function, purpose or how it got there, I'm
totally lost!

Please tell me what this is and how I can remove it.

(Microsoft Excel 2003)

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You've discovered "Outlining" in Excel!

Search Excel Help for: outline
Read the "About outlining a worksheet" topic

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Paddy" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with several simple worksheets.

In one of the worksheets, at the very left, there has appeared a small "1
2". Under that is a vertical line and a series of dots, one dot per row. At
the end is a minus sign.

If I click the "1", most of the spreadsheet disappears, showing only the
final total column with a plus sign on the left. If I click "2", the full
spreadsheet reappears.

I've tried searching Help to find out what this is and how to get rid of it,
but as I don't know it's name, function, purpose or how it got there, I'm
totally lost!

Please tell me what this is and how I can remove it.

(Microsoft Excel 2003)

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Ron Coderre" wrote:
You've discovered "Outlining" in Excel!

Search Excel Help for: outline
Read the "About outlining a worksheet" topic

Cool!

It's all fixed now.

Thanks, Ron, I'd never have found it by myself.

Paddy