Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default MERGE CELLS

I have Name, PO Box, street address, city, state, zip across a row in 6
seperate cells/columns.

I want to have this format in 1 cell:

Name
PO Box
Street address
City, State Zip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

STEVE wrote:
I have Name, PO Box, street address, city, state, zip across a row in 6
seperate cells/columns.

I want to have this format in 1 cell:

Name
PO Box
Street address
City, State Zip

You do realize that this will screw up your ability to sort the data.
A better solution would be to describe what you want to do with the
data. You may not need it in the format you describe. There may
be other methods. Like using mail merge to create address labels
for example.

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You may as well be working in Word, for all the use you will get out of Excel
with data in that format.

You really should perhaps rethink your approach tow hatever you are doing,
or indeed give us some details of what you are trying to achieve, and let us
try and give you some help wrt the best way to structure your data in order
to achieve it.

What you have described so far is very bad design as far as a spreadsheet
goes.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03