Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
PT PT is offline

Default Curious symbol in certain cells

I've used Excel 2003 for some time - no problems. Today, I began using it
on my wife's notebook. I note that on several of my transferred in
worksheets, a small triangular mark appears in the upper left hand corner of
a number of cells. It looks (other than the location) like a comment
marker. The affected cells seem to contain formulas .

Is this an option in Excel to highlight some feature. If so what. and more
important where's the switch?
--
PT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It sounds like error checking.

Select one of the affected cells and you should see a little icon appear
with a drop down list. To turn this annoying "feature" off:

Goto ToolsOptionsError checking tab
Under Rules uncheck the items that you don't want to be bothered with.

Biff