Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
De De is offline

Default Find cell which returned maximum value in formula

--
De
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

De, try this, =CELL("address",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(MAX(A:A),A:A,0)))

will show the first one if there are more than one

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"De" wrote in message

De

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
De De is offline

Thanks, Paul, but I found this hard to follow. Excel kept returning that I
had disabled macros but your formula didn't look like a macro to me. I must
have been doing something wrong.
--
De

"Paul B" wrote:

De, try this, =CELL("address",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(MAX(A:A),A:A,0)))

will show the first one if there are more than one

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"De" wrote in message

De

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

De, not know why you would get that, if you put the formula in a cell, not
in column A, it should return the cell address with the max value in column

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Paul B" wrote:

De, try this, =CELL("address",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(MAX(A:A),A:A,0)))

will show the first one if there are more than one

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"De" wrote in message