Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
TKM TKM is offline

Default Format and Align Columns

I am exporting a Access report to Excel and the alignment and justify (some
are right and some are justified to the left) are not correct (need all to be
centered). How would I go about automating this when the export takes place?

Please help I am pretty new to Excel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

TKM wrote:
I am exporting a Access report to Excel and the alignment and justify (some
are right and some are justified to the left) are not correct (need all to be
centered). How would I go about automating this when the export takes place?

Please help I am pretty new to Excel

Don't know about automating it but it's a simple process to select
the whole sheet and then hit the center icon.

Go to view toolbars and mark format. this will give you a toolbar
with the left, center, and right justify. Click on the small square
above row 1 and to the left of col A this selects the whole sheet
now just hit the appropriate icon on the format toolbar.

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
TKM TKM is offline

I went to Excel and to toolbars but I dont see anything marked format? It
shows a lot of toolbars like standard, formatting boarders etc but not MARKED
FORMAT?

"gls858" wrote:

TKM wrote:
I am exporting a Access report to Excel and the alignment and justify (some
are right and some are justified to the left) are not correct (need all to be
centered). How would I go about automating this when the export takes place?

Please help I am pretty new to Excel

Don't know about automating it but it's a simple process to select
the whole sheet and then hit the center icon.

Go to view toolbars and mark format. this will give you a toolbar
with the left, center, and right justify. Click on the small square
above row 1 and to the left of col A this selects the whole sheet
now just hit the appropriate icon on the format toolbar.

gls858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"gls858" wrote:

TKM wrote:
I am exporting a Access report to Excel and the alignment and justify (some
are right and some are justified to the left) are not correct (need all to be
centered). How would I go about automating this when the export takes place?

Please help I am pretty new to Excel

Don't know about automating it but it's a simple process to select
the whole sheet and then hit the center icon.

Go to view toolbars and mark format. this will give you a toolbar
with the left, center, and right justify. Click on the small square
above row 1 and to the left of col A this selects the whole sheet
now just hit the appropriate icon on the format toolbar.

gls858

Sorry. Formatting is the one you want. Just click on it and the
toolbar will be added. Then you want to look for three icons
with lines on them that show the different text alignments.

gls858