Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copy/Paste Rows

When copy/pasting rows i notice some machines copy existing formulae & some
don't

Assume this is some sort of Excel settings

Any Clues?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you have two instances of Excel running with a workbook open in each
instance, you will get values pasted when copying from one workbook to the
other.

Close one instance of Excel and open both workbooks in one instance.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 13:02:12 +0100, "JethroUK" wrote:

When copy/pasting rows i notice some machines copy existing formulae & some
don't

Assume this is some sort of Excel settings

Any Clues?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

i actually have misled - i'll try again:

when 'inserting' new rows - some machines (i have a class of 16)
automatically insert any formulae - some don't?

XL 2002

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
| I have never seen it nor am I aware of any such setting. (I don't know
| anything about xl2007 if that is what you are using).
|
| --
| Regards,
| Tom Ogilvy
|

| "JethroUK" wrote in message
| When copy/pasting rows i notice some machines copy existing formulae &
| some don't
|
| Assume this is some sort of Excel settings
|
| Any Clues?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jethro

There is an option ToolsOptionsEditExtend List formats and Formulas
but on my copy of XL2002 it does not seem to do anything when checked as
opposed to unchecked.

in XL2003, there is a DataList option, which when invoked does add
formulae as you add to a list of data.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
| I have never seen it nor am I aware of any such setting. (I don't
know
| anything about xl2007 if that is what you are using).
|
| --
| Regards,
| Tom Ogilvy
|

| "JethroUK" wrote in message
| When copy/pasting rows i notice some machines copy existing
formulae &
| some don't
|
| Assume this is some sort of Excel settings
|
| Any Clues?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

i've looked at ToolsOptionsEditExtend List formats and Formulas and it
does seem to be the option but like yours, mine does nothing?

it's seem to be a flaky option because it does work in 'some' of the
machines in my class

thanks anyhow

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
| Hi Jethro
|
| There is an option ToolsOptionsEditExtend List formats and Formulas
| but on my copy of XL2002 it does not seem to do anything when checked as
| opposed to unchecked.
|
| in XL2003, there is a DataList option, which when invoked does add
| formulae as you add to a list of data.
| --
| Regards
|
| Roger Govier
|

| "JethroUK©" wrote in message
| i actually have misled - i'll try again:
|
| when 'inserting' new rows - some machines (i have a class of 16)
| automatically insert any formulae - some don't?
|
| XL 2002
|
| "Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
| | I have never seen it nor am I aware of any such setting. (I don't
| know
| | anything about xl2007 if that is what you are using).
| |
| | --
| | Regards,
| | Tom Ogilvy
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | "JethroUK" wrote in message
| | When copy/pasting rows i notice some machines copy existing
| formulae &
| | some don't
| |
| | Assume this is some sort of Excel settings
| |
| | Any Clues?
| |
| |