Junior Member

Location: South Woodham Ferrers, Essex
Default Formula Problem

Hope someone can help,

I am using this formula =IF(AND(G12="Fail"),"1","0") and need to add up all the column but I keep getting 0 even though there are 14 1’s in the column.

Thanks in advance

Carl
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Drop the double quotes around the numbers:
=IF(AND(G12="Fail"),1,0)

Otherwise, those values will be treated as text.

--
the-jackal

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'm not sure why you need the AND in there, and you don't need the
double-quotes, as the returned values will be treated as text (and thus
sum to zero). Try this

=IF(G12="Fail",1,0)

and copy down the column as needed.

Hope this helps.