Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How can stop excel from autochanging my cut and paste data?

I know this method. But this is not going to help me copying the color. And
the column is also another problem. This is not helping me much. Anyway,
Thanks.

Anybody can offer help?

Thank you.

"SSG QuarterMaster" wrote:

I take it that you are copying it from a word type source. Pre format the
cells as text then when you go to paste them use the following process:
EditPaste Special when that window opens verify that paste radio button
is toggled, highlight text, then click ok

"Excel doubter" wrote:

Thank you for your Idea God Dibben. But I want to retain the colourful table
as it is on the web, so that I don't have to do colour coding by myself.

So, any other guys with better idea?

It's driving me mad. Everything is perferct except the part with the hypen
like 2-0, 1-0,1-2 etc....

Somebody please help me. Thank You.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Copy the data into Notepad and save as a *.txt file.

Open that *.txt file in Excel and use the DataText to Columns wizard to parse
your data and on page three of T to C you can designate "Column Data Format" as
Text.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:03:01 -0700, Excel doubter
wrote:

Thank you Roger Govier. I've tried that before. But it's not working. Any
other expert out there to help me up?

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Try pre-formatting the column as Text. FormatCellsText

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Excel doubter" <Excel wrote in
message ...
Recently I need to copy and paste some data in to my excel for