Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel for Mac 2004

People,
I have an eMac running OS 10.2.8 with Office 2004 for Mac installed. I
applied all the latest updates for Office.

I am trying to create a header for an Excel worksheet. When I go to
File/Page Setup, header/footer tab, I select "customize header" and then
select the center section. I type in my header and then select all text
to change the font style to a larger font. I do a preview to see how I
like it. Not good enough so I go back to select the center text again
however this time the text does not show up in the center section so I
can't edit it - font characteristics or otherwise. I then thought I'd
try to change the view to show page layout but alas the headers and
footers can only be changed through the headers and footers view which
takes me back to the same page setup window. How in the world do you
select it to change it if it isn't shown? There must be a simple trick
because I can't believe this is a bug that hasn't been fixed.

Help.
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In article ,
John wrote:

[...]

Sorry, I probably posted to the wrong newsgroup. After I posted I
discovered a separate newsgroup for Mac Office. I will repost to the Mac
Office newsgroup.

John