-   -   how do I make the cell expand to fit my text as I type? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/111294-how-do-i-make-cell-expand-fit-my-text-i-type.html)

pnwwoman

how do I make the cell expand to fit my text as I type?

I merged some cells across the width of a spreadsheet and i can't get the
cell to increase it's height as more text is typed in wraps around.

kassie

how do I make the cell expand to fit my text as I type?

Only way I know, is to move your cursor to between the row number of therow
you want to adjust and the next row. The cursor changes shape into an
up/down arrow. Click and drag till you see all. Double clicking will also
not work

"pnwwoman" wrote:

I merged some cells across the width of a spreadsheet and i can't get the
cell to increase it's height as more text is typed in wraps around.

Gord Dibben

how do I make the cell expand to fit my text as I type?

If cells are merged. the row will not autofit without using VBA

See google search thread for code by Greg Wilson

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1c160cbeb27874

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP