-   -   Export from Excel to Word (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/109764-export-excel-word.html)

kath0178

Export from Excel to Word

I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is
text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo
all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape.

Gary''s Student

Export from Excel to Word

Yes:

Select the area you wish to copy.
While holding the SHIFT key pull-down:
Edit Copy Picture...

In the Word document, just paste.

Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also
because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose.

--
Gary's Student

"kath0178" wrote:

I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is
text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo
all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape.

SteveW

Export from Excel to Word

Neat, thanks for that - I'd forgotten about the hidden *shift* menu

Steve