Old September 2nd 06, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Is a transparent color fill possible?

When I fill a rows or columns with color, the gridlines running through them
disappear. Is there a way to make the fill "transparent" in order to see
the gridlines? (I'm using Excel 2003). Thanks

Old September 2nd 06, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'd drop the Gridlines and use Borders (format|Cells|border tab) or use the
icons on the Formatting toolbar.

You'll have much better control over how your workbook should look.

Old September 2nd 06, 10:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Alan

Transparent color not possible.

Use borders to restore the appearance of gridlines around cells that have
backgrounf color.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old September 3rd 06, 12:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Dave Peterson" wrote

I'd drop the Gridlines and use Borders (format|Cells|border tab) or use
the
icons on the Formatting toolbar.

You'll have much better control over how your workbook should look.

Thanks, Dave --- that works.

Old September 3rd 06, 12:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Gord Dibben" wrote

Thanks for the help ---- your suggestion works.