-   -   Creating combo boxes (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/108205-creating-combo-boxes.html)

Cloudbuster

Creating combo boxes

This is how I have my spreadsheet set up: in Sheet 1, the leftmost row has
every date between 7-1-06 and 6-30-07 in descending order, with the
corresponding day of the week next to the dates. Columns to the right of this
have numeric information pertaining to this date/day. I would like to make a
combo box that has me select a day of the week, searches the spreadsheet,
finds info for the dates that have that corresponding day, and pastes those
rows of data on Sheet 2, where the combo box is kept. Assistance is
appreciated.

Thank you!

Biff

Creating combo boxes

Columns to the right of this have
numeric information pertaining to this date/day.

How many columns of data is there?

Biff

"Cloudbuster" wrote in message

This is how I have my spreadsheet set up: in Sheet 1, the leftmost row has
every date between 7-1-06 and 6-30-07 in descending order, with the
corresponding day of the week next to the dates. Columns to the right of
this
have numeric information pertaining to this date/day. I would like to make
combo box that has me select a day of the week, searches the spreadsheet,
finds info for the dates that have that corresponding day, and pastes
those
rows of data on Sheet 2, where the combo box is kept. Assistance is
appreciated.

Thank you!

paul

Creating combo boxes

if you have your combo boxes set up all you need to do is set up a series of
vlookup formulas,each returning the appropriate column
ie vlookup(date,datetable,day of week column,false),next column is,
vlookup(date,datetable,sales of week,false),next column is
etc etc etc
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!