Junior Member

Default Converting imported hr/min/sec to excel

I am trying to convert time entries from an external source (hh/mm/ss) to calculate in excel. What is the easiest method of doing this? I am not sure of the properties of the external report but is seems to be very similar to word pad.
Thanks,
Gerry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Gerry

If your imported data is in cell A1
in cell B1
=--(LEFT(A1,2)&":"&MID(A1,4,2)&":"&RIGHT(A1,2))
FormatCellsNumberTime (hh:mm:ss)
Copy formula down as required

If you need to sum the times calculated in column B, format the cell
with the summation formula as [h]:mm to allow it to sum past 24 hours.

--
Regards

Roger Govier