Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
PA PA is offline

Default Repeat Text

In cell C2 I have a text entry, Installation Complete XA3C.
I need to have repeat every 6 rows, in row 8, 14, 20,etc. Not sure how far
down it needs to go, as that will be determined as the process is ongoing.
Any way to automate entering this entry for possibly hundreds of rows?
Thanks
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You could add this formula to a blank cell:

=MOD(ROW()+4,6)

and copy down the column. Apply a filter to this column and select the
value 0, which will display rows 2, 8, 14, 20 etc. Then <copy cell C2
and <paste to the other cells in column C which are visible, however
many you feel you need. You can then delete the helper column (and the
filter with it).

Hope this helps.

Pete

PA wrote:
In cell C2 I have a text entry, Installation Complete XA3C.
I need to have repeat every 6 rows, in row 8, 14, 20,etc. Not sure how far
down it needs to go, as that will be determined as the process is ongoing.
Any way to automate entering this entry for possibly hundreds of rows?
Thanks
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Perhaps easier is to simply enter your text into C2 and C8.

Then select C2 to C13.

Click the 'fill handle' of the selection, and drag down to copy as needed.

And you're done!
--
HTH,

RD