Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Formatting Protection

Hi

I run Win2K with Excel 2K

I have a spreadsheet that is protected. Some cells on the sheet are not
protected so that data can be entered. The problem I have is that sometimes
people copy and paste this data from an external source and this results in
the formatting for the cell to be changed.

What I would like to know is there any way which I can have the spreadsheet
protected and allow data to be entered into the unprotected cells but not
allow any changes to the formatting for that cell?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You could advise your users to use copy then Edit | Paste Special |
Values then the formats will not be changed.

Hope this helps.

Pete