Sonny

Default How do I eliminate the "A" designation in column "1" and substitu.

I want to substitute my own designations at the top instead of A, B, etc I
want my columns labeled "Last Name", "First Name", etc. How? My chart is all
finished
GORDON SCALES via OfficeKB.com

You need to insert a line at the top of your list and type in the header
names as you described. make sure there are no blank lines in your list.

Select any cell in your list (preferably the column you want to sort by)
then select Data, then sort. Make sure "my list has header row" is checked,
then you should have your header row names in the sort by drop down lists.

Good luck

Gord Dibben

Sonny

You can't change these.

You can however, enter your titles in Row 1 then freeze row 1 so's it remains
in view.

Select A2 and WindowFreeze Panes.

If you also want Column A frozen, select B2 instead of A2.

Column and Row headers can be hidden by ToolsOptionsView. Uncheck "row and
column headers"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP