Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Format Paste Special - is there a way to do this ?

With Copy/Paste you have Paste Special to control the actual paste
ie just Values,Format etc
Is there a similar method for Format Painter, ie just Paste background
colour or just borders

I'd love to be able easily to just copy the background colour from one
cell to another.
I know I could write macro to do it, but you'd need one for each Format
feature you wanted to copy

--
Steve (3)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Steve,
You could record a macro then adapt it to work the way you want.
There are eight borders around cells (inside/outside) so it may
be a bit painful unless you simplify it.

---
HTH,

"SteveW" wrote in message news:op.tekn8jazevjsnp@enigma03...
With Copy/Paste you have Paste Special to control the actual paste
ie just Values,Format etc
Is there a similar method for Format Painter, ie just Paste background
colour or just borders

I'd love to be able easily to just copy the background colour from one
cell to another.
I know I could write macro to do it, but you'd need one for each Format
feature you wanted to copy

--
Steve (3)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

ta.

The thing I'd most like to do is copy the background colour - so I think
I'll write that one.
It's just annoying that when you click on a cell, and then use the Fill
Button it doesn't show you the current colour. :(
:) It does.
(I always actually check what I'm about to post and lo and behold it does
indicate the current colour
- must have missed that ages ago !)

anyway what I'd want with a macro is to check and copy the characteristic
from the paste buffer and apply to the selected range.
Can I access the paste buffer like that ?

Steve