Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Soccor Tables

Hi, I have all the English football league results from 1890 to present day.
The data is in the format "20010821","P","home team ","1","away team ","0"
---- Date,Div,Hteam,Score,Ateam,Score.
I have for a long time wanted to use excel to format league tables for any
week or date. I feel I would be able to do this if I was pointed in the
right direction concerning methods pf programming or perhaps there are some
templates around somewhere, any comment will be a help in pointing me in the
right direction.
Michael

--
All mail is Checked by TREND MICRO PC-cillin Anti-Virus system
(http://www.antivirus.com).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

With your "20010821" in A1, this formula in b1 will change it to a real
=DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2))

Data Filter Autofilter custom, using and < dates will group the
filtering........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3