Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default time table

I have a time table that I enter what time I come to work and what time I
leave. I didn't program it to add the total but when I put in total hours
worked "8" it puts in 0:00. When I double click to see if there is a setting
I get this 1/8/1900 12:00:00 AM I have tried to delete this but it still
shows up. What can I do to correct this problem? Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Mary,

your cell is format as hour, when you type 8 excel looks at Jan 8, 1900
12:00am, you can type 08:00 or format the cell as general

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Mary" escreveu:

I have a time table that I enter what time I come to work and what time I
leave. I didn't program it to add the total but when I put in total hours
worked "8" it puts in 0:00. When I double click to see if there is a setting
I get this 1/8/1900 12:00:00 AM I have tried to delete this but it still
shows up. What can I do to correct this problem? Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Format it as General or Numbers

Steve

--