Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Searching Across Worksheets: Please help!

Assuming I have a workbook with many worksheets and I want to search for
a particular word contained in one of the cells, in one of the sheets
somewhere in the workbook, how do I go about it?

Please help!

--
computerfineman
computerfineman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37165

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The following macro will find a cell whose contents is the word "treasure" in
a workbook:

Sub findtreasure()
Dim w As Worksheet
Dim s As String
Dim r As Range
s = "treasure"
For Each w In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
w.Activate
For Each r In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If r.Value = s Then
MsgBox (w.Name & " " & r.Address)
Exit Sub
End If
Next
Next
MsgBox ("value not found")
End Sub

If you are not familiar with using macros, see:
Gary's Student

"computerfineman" wrote:

Assuming I have a workbook with many worksheets and I want to search for
a particular word contained in one of the cells, in one of the sheets
somewhere in the workbook, how do I go about it?

Please help!

--
computerfineman
computerfineman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37165
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=571152

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

EditFindOptionsWithinWorkbook.

If running an older version of Excel <2002 you won't have this option so use the
code Gary's Student provided.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 09:12:30 -0400, computerfineman
<computerfineman.2chcj2_1155474909.6528@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote:

Assuming I have a workbook with many worksheets and I want to search for
a particular word contained in one of the cells, in one of the sheets
somewhere in the workbook, how do I go about it?

Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You may want to try Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/

It'll work with any version of excel.

computerfineman wrote:

Assuming I have a workbook with many worksheets and I want to search for
a particular word contained in one of the cells, in one of the sheets
somewhere in the workbook, how do I go about it?

Please help!

--
computerfineman
computerfineman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37165
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=571152

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank's guys,

I don't undestand the macros thing but I guess Gord Dibben's variation
works out real good. (EditFindOptionsWithinWorkbook)

computerfineman.